Oatley Public School logo

Oatley Public School

Oatley Public School

Every child a success

Telephone02 9580 5519



Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Local enrolment area

Check your address on School Finder to see if it is within our local intake area. Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

How to enrol

Apply online. If you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident you are eligible to complete the online enrolment application. You will then need to finalise the application at the school.

If you are not eligible or prefer not to enrol online, use the application to enrol (PDF 768.4KB) form. Please complete the form in English. A translated application to enrol may help you do this.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

For more information, visit:

Out-of-area enrolments

If your child does not live within our intake area, visit out-of-area enrolment. Out-of-area enrolment procedures are subject to the department’s enrolment policy.

If you have received an offer for an out-of-area placement, visit the online enrolment sign in page to accept or decline the offer.

Temporary visas and international students

The Temporary Residents Program has information about eligibility and the forms to complete an application.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

The school takes enrolments all year. Kindergarten enrolment for any year requires that your child must turn 5 on or prior to 31st July of that year.

When enrolling you need to bring a birth certificate or passport for your child, immunisation records and proof of address (rates notice, lease agreement, water or land rates etc).

There is a Kindergarten Open Day in Term 3 of each school year prior to your child starting Kindergarten. The school contacts local preschools early in that year advising them of enrolment procedures.

For more information on enrolling please contact the school.

School boundaries

Oatley Public School is situated near the Georges River drawing students from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. The School’s feeder area is bound by Hurstville Road to the north, Georges River to the east and south and the railway line to the west and includes the Southern, Llewelyn, Yarran, Boorara street peninsular.


At 4 years or prior to school entry, children are due for injections of combined Measles, Whooping Cough, Diphtheria Tetanus (CDT) vaccine and booster dose of Sabin Oral vaccine.

An immunisation certificate stating whether immunisation has taken place must be presented to the school for all Kindergarten children enrolling. Children who are not immunised may be excluded from school during major epidemics.

Application Forms

Please visit the School Office if you would like an In Area Enrolment Pack.

Students are automatically enrolled if they fall in the Oatley Public School’s feeder area. Click here for a map of our drawing area that shows our boundaries.

Out of area enrolment form (PDF 22KB)

Students living outside of the Oatley Public School feeder area are required to complete this form. The School Council will then be consulted for further recommendation of eligibility for acceptance. Please ensure you have completed the specific criteria for out of area placement. Guaranteed enrolments are advised by the end of Term 3 of that same year.

Moving overseas

Moving overseas and need school reports authenticated for DFAT? 

Email document.authentication@det.nsw.edu.au to arrange to bring original documents to 105 Phillip Street, Parramatta 2150.

Further Information

More detailed information on various aspects of the school can be obtained from the School Information Booklet and the Annual School Report. The school office may also be contacted to answer specific questions.

The School information booklet provides all of the day to day information regarding the operation of the school.